Tuesday, October 18, 2016

The Great Jack O'Lantern Blaze

I keep my ear to the ground, listening for rumblings of fun activities. I detected promising vibrations of a new Halloween event that is growing stronger -- The Great Jack O'Lantern Blaze in Sleepy Hollow Country.

I went tonight for the first time. The event is upstate, a two-hour motorcycle ride for me. The Blaze uses 7,000 hand-carved pumpkins -- yes, seven thousand -- to create dozens of pumpkin sculptures. They are designed by artists and quite appealing. There's also original music, colored lights, food and drink, and souvenirs.  The event is put on by "Historic Hudson Valley," a not-for-profit education organization that promotes historic landmarks in Hudson Valley.

Here are some pics...









































19 comments:

  1. Have you ever been to Rise of the Jack O Lanterns at Old Westbury Gardens? Not sure if they're doing it this year, but it's similar to this! Quite a show :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How very creative ! I had no idea you could do so much with a pumpkin lantern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is amazing! Thank you for the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This looks incredible!

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my word, this looks incredible!

    -Kati

    ReplyDelete
  6. My sis in law is in Tarrytown so maybe next year I'll visit her in the fall and pop round to Sleepy Hallow to see the sights!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to go!! This isn't terribly far from where I grew up and that area is just lovely this time of year--so glad you went!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW how awesome. This would definitely be a fun Halloween event.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow, that sounds AMAZING! I use to upstate to go apple picking and pumpkin picking. But was when my friends were still married. They divorced and no lives in Florida and one lives in North Carolina. So no more trips up state. Kind of crazy how life changes.

    Have you ever been to the leg lamp lighting ceremony out east?

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you want company doing something fun upstate, I'm always available. Fun is my middle name!

      No, I haven't seen or heard of the leg-lamp ceremony. Will google it.

      Delete
  10. That sure looks like a load of fun :-0)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am not that far away but have never heard of this! I am so glad you shared these photos. always happy to see an artistic rendition of a holiday display!
    Enjoy the ride!
    xx, Elle
    http://www.theellediaries.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, the creativity! Who know pumpkins were so artistic! Looks like a blast. xox

    -Patti
    http://notdeadyetstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cool and clever as hell! I LOVE it! Thanks for all the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. We live about 15 minutes north of there and I have never gone. Odd that I commuted from Croton to NYC for years. I believe that last year my wife went with a friend and liked it. Perhaps one of these days.

    ReplyDelete